What to Expect
Therapy is a process. In honoring the uniqueness of each client it is not possible to predict exactly how this process will look. That being said, there are some commonalities:
- Assessment can take two to three sessions. It is important that I obtain what I call your “blueprint”, this is a combination of a thorough discussion of your current life and history of the issue and a detailed exploration of your family of origin. This allows me to get a better picture of who you are, what influences you and what your concerns are, which allows me to support you more effectively.
- Once the assessment is complete we discuss your goals for therapy. We need to have a clear picture of where we’re going so the sessions can have a direction and we can measure the outcomes. This a collaborative process where we discuss any concerns I may have moving forward and any suggestions in how the process might look.
- By session three or four we are prepared to move forward into the primary work you want to pursue.
- Each session is a combination of your goals and what you bring to the session. I add exploration, observations, new information, gentle challenges and support to whatever you bring. There is nothing in this process that you have to do, everything in voluntary.
- If we go longer than eight sessions in session eight we will review to assess if we are still aligned with your original goals; this gives us a chance to see if any of the goals or the approach needs to change.
To arrange an appointment, or for more information about my services, please contact me:
Phone: (416) 892-0701
Address: 658 Danforth Ave Suite 412, Toronto, Ontario M4J 5B9